Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Back On Track

 It's been 19 days since my very last exam.. I finally feel like I have my life back on track again. Alina caught a cold over the weekend and I got an extra two days off with her after the weekend. So I had a four day weekend, which is like a small holiday. I will admit that it gave me some extra time in my house, with my girl and to myself. I definitely feel very fortunate to have been able to have this time... I was walking with Alina today around 10:30 and it was the first time I felt like I was fully a mom. I know that sounds dumb. Of course I am a full mom but because I had the extra two days off, I felt like I did when I was on maternity leave. Like I had all the time on my side, to do whatever I wanted with it. It's truly a very freeing feeling.

 I already feel like I've achieved so much since I finished school...

1.  I've cleaned my house! Well to be fair, I haven't completely cleaned it the way that it should be cleaned. I find with Alina around, I don't get to get too into the house work. She does require some supervision and she tends to get in the way. But, my friend just visited from back home and I had a chance to clean some things I really wanted to!

2.  I'm reading for fun again! I can pull out a book after Alina goes to bed, while Rob is watching baseball. I'm still currently finishing up the Grey Series...

3.  I'm making decent suppers again. I find all of my meals on Pinterest. I need to start a series of me trying out different recipes...

These are all recipes from Pinterest!
 4.  I am catching up with the people I've neglected all year! I had a chance to message my sister and we both agreed that we need to write once a week, just to inform the other on how life is going.... I convinced my mom to get an Iphone just for Facetime so she can see her grandkids. I also had a chance to talk to my best friend from back home for a bit and my other good friend introduced me to her little addition via Facetime too!

Nice to meet you little man!
 5.  Alina is starting to ease up on me whenever I leave a room. She still likes to know where I'm going but she's not my my shadow like she was before. Every time I'd get up she would ask me if I was going to go study. It was kind of sad.
 

6.  My husband is free! He can go outside and mow the lawn, wire up a light, putz around the camper as long as he likes anytime he wants to. 

Hey! It's our camper..!
 7. I can blog again!!! I am so excited to be sitting on my couch by a crackling fire, tap tapping my thoughts on the computer keys. Nothing has sounded so right in a long time.



 
I get my family back all to myself and I'm pretty happy about it.




.





5 comments:

Amanda said...

That last photo of the 3 of you--- too sweet! Congratulations on being done!!!!!! Plus all that food you've been cooking lately looks d delicious. xx

Heather @ The Maritime Reader said...

Those recipes look delicious!! I lvoe the picture of the 3 of you too! looking forward to you blogging more again!! I'm sure Rob has done some funny things to share with all of us ;)

Jade Wright said...

Aww what a positive post Haley! So happy hear all this!! BTW your dinners look AMAZING!?!

Welcome back and I look forward to more of your blog posts yippeee xx

www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

Brianna said...

This is SO GREAT! I'm glad that you're having a bit of normalcy and are able to soak it all in! It's so important and something that's easy to take for granted. I'm glad to see you back!

Tabitha Lee said...

Yay, for having your life and family back! It is definitely nice to see you in Blogland again. :-)