Friday, September 19, 2014

MHB- Week 34- New Treadmill!

 I decided that even though I'm going to work from 9-5 and do my school work from 8-10, I don't really have an excuse to not workout. Especially since we bought a treadmill to store in our basement. I miss doing Rushfit but it's such a time commitment that I just don't have right now. So what I've decided to do, is get up at 5:30 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday to run for twenty minute. I listen to the comedy station on my Slacker Radio App and it makes the time fly by. This week, it's been difficult getting up so early because it's still so dark at 5:30. I didn't know if doing this would burn me out but, if anything it's brought my mood up.

MONDAY-

  I know, I know- I look gooooood. My pictures are going to seriously lack in creativity because all I'm doing is running in an empty room on a treadmill for the next little while. So sweaty selfies are all I have to offer. Perhaps next week, I'll just have to write; Yeah, yeah I did my workouts, trust me.

WEDNESDAY-

 Introducing our new treadmill! It cost us $200 and the person was asking for $400. She bought it a few years ago for over $2000 at Canadian Tire. We looked it up online and it had really great reviews. It was a complete bitch to carry to the back of the house (as in I couldn't even lift it. Rob carried it on his back!) and even more insane trying to fit it sideways through the door. We removed the door, removed some pieces from the treadmill (not on purpose) but eventually, after some swearing we got it in. I'm pretty excited about it. It's in great condition, it has a fan built into it, speakers for Iphones and it's better than I expected.

FRIDAY-

 I decided to take a picture of how much I didn't feel like getting up this morning. I thought the after picture would show how happy and energized I was after the workout. Instead I just look like crap in the first picture and more awake but still like crap in the second!

 So it's Friday and I'm a happy camper. All I have left for this week of school work is to go over all of the material I just learned and make notes in my book. I like this method very much. I read the material throughout the week and do the activities and quizzes and then at the end, I go over it one more time and that's when everything really seems to come together. My sister in law is coming this weekend, Rob is away in officer courses all weekend (home at night) and Alina gets to go a birthday party. She hasn't seen this group of friends since her birthday, so I'm excited for her to see all of her old buddies from my maternity leave days.

 I was introduced to Hosier a few weeks ago by Rob. I guess I had heard "Take Me To Church" a zillion times at work but I hadn't really noticed. He had me listen to it in the hot tub and I liked it. But, I have since heard it too many times and it's getting old. Rob had me listen to his other song, "From Eden". What an incredible song! This guy was born in 1990 and he has such a soulful, sexy, captivating and totally different voice. Rob said that this song should be used for a wedding video.

From Eden by Hozier on Grooveshark

2 comments:

Happy Fit said...

Haley your posts make me laugh, I like your selfies - you def don't look like crap though! Way to go - nice treadmill :) Sounds like Rob got a good workout carrying it in, too, so that's a bonus!

Brianna said...

Congrats on still making workouts a priority! And that treadmill sounds awesome! Even more awesome since it was basically a steal! :) Keep up the sweaty selfies ;).

Brianna
xobriannaleigh.com