Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Knockin' On 30's Door

 Hey, it's my birthday! I'm knock, knock, knockin' on 30's door.. That's right, I'm 29 today. I had this great idea to go through a bunch of my journals to my birthdays, to see what I did on each birthday. But, that turned out to be a lot more work than I anticipated. So instead, I looked through old pictures and came up with some great birthday moments to share.

 First of all, what is with kids and birthday cakes and blowing out the candles? We all have a birthday. We all get our own chance to snuff out our birthday candles, yet each child has 'helped' blow out the candles on most occasions, especially when it comes to siblings.

 I want to quickly explain my brother's outfit in the middle picture. My grandma was always knitting us sweaters. Each birthday we would get a new one. So that year, my brother opened up that purple sweater and has never lived it down. It was super cute and really well made, but not the best thing for a ten year old boy!

 Then there's the question of what I want for my birthday this year. Honestly, I'm boring and don't really know what. We have so much going on around here, that my birthday completely snuck up on me. I recently washed my cell phone and assured Rob that replacing it could be my birthday present. I also thought about getting the Pharmacology text book that I need for when I start school in September. I'd like to get a chance to look it over, before school officially starts. All in all, pretty lame. Perhaps old gifts could inspire me to come up with something..

Having my birthday in the heart of summer has always been a bonus. I could always get a cute summer dress to add to my collection. (Which is actually pretty sad at this point. Make note: buy more dresses!) 

Cleaning supplies... I could upgrade my pots and pans or a get a new set of tupperware for left overs. Even at four I look a little put off by this gift... Good girl. 

 Something practical. I could always use a pair of jeans. Again, my face gives me away. I'm not even holding them up right. Greedy little shit wants to know where the goods are.

 
Aaaand there's the good stuff! A Flinstone Kids Playhouse complete with figurines. Score! In real life, fast forward twenty five years and what this girl still wants is a house to play in!

Perhaps for this birthday I'll just have to settle for what really counts...

... CAKE!!! to share with family of course.

  I have to work on my birthday but I do get lunch on the house. So I'm looking forward to that. Rob informs me that he has something planned for the weekend but my in-laws sent me a couple of presents to open on my birthday. My mom gets back from visiting my sister in Nova Scotia today as well. I'm sure I'll be seeing her at some point. To be honest, I'm just happy to be here. I have a newly renovated house to come home to, insanely warm weather to enjoy by the beach and my sweet, little family to laugh with. Happy 29 to me. 


9 comments:

Brianna said...

Happy, happy birthday, girl! I hope you have the best day celebrating with your precious family! And...eat LOTS of cake! :)

Brianna
xobriannaleigh.com

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness, you were just precious! Happy, happy birthday! xxx

Unknown said...

HAPPPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I'm in love with this post. Such a different twist to a birthday post. I love seeing the old pictures and taking a peak into your world

Have a great day Mama. ps. send me a piece of cake? nom! ;)

Noor Unnahar said...

Happy birthday Haley. This was such a sweet post and I got to see little Haley in action :) Have a blast , you truly deserve it.

Happy Fit said...

Happy Birthday Haley!! I hope it's glorious. xo

Lisa-Jade said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday Haley!! Here's to a spectacular year for you and many, many more smiles, tons of laughter and so much love!

Heather @ The Maritime Reader said...

Happy birthday Haley! I love those pics of you as a child! I'm a summer baby too (same year as you, actually!) and can totally relate! I can also relate to not knowing what gifts I'd like... but I'm sure your little family made your day very special ! Best wishes for a great year ahead!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! Adorable pictures and you know what, you have a huge point. Why DID every kid get to help blow out the candles? Not. Fair.

Jade Wright said...

Ahh wonderful Haley!!! Happy happy belated birthday to YOU!!! I hope you have an incredible year ahead of you and many more to come! Wish I could have bought you a cocktail or a bottle of WINE!! If I'd known your birthday was coming up I'd have organized something!!! :(

Lots of love and wishes xxx

www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com