Tuesday, December 17, 2013

True Canadian Winter

 I'm half way through Wednesday and I am just getting to my blog post for the day. I wanted to write a short piece before we head off to the bitter cold of a true, Canadian Christmas! We leave tomorrow for Thunder Bay, on Alina's first long trip and plane ride. She will be meeting many, many, many of Rob's family members and many of his parent's friends. The food, laughter and snow will be plentiful and I'm looking forward to getting into the Christmas spirit there. (I still haven't done any of my Christmas shopping!)

Our Christmas in Thunder Bay a couple of years ago.
 This will be my first trip while I'm blogging full time. I do have some posts written in advance but we'll see how I am with keeping up on the blog demand next week during the actual holidays. I'm sure everyone else in Blogland will be on and off with the posts as well, so I'm not too worried about it.

 My house is chaos, I am so tired from Alina's new sleeping patterns (not so great) and I just finished rushing around packing and doing all of the odds and ends that need to be taken care of before we leave while Alina is napping. She has suddenly become quite clingy and cries very, very hard whenever I leave the room or sometimes when I just stand up. It's been frustrating and it is starting to wear on me a little bit. But luckily, the holidays are around the corner to change things up a bit and I will have Rob for the next couple of weeks to help me out with the clinging. Plus Alina does much better with a group of people, rather than just her and I, one on one. So she will probably be a little angel for the in laws once we get there. (That would be ideal, anyways. Fingers crossed.)

   Basically that is what Alina looks a lot like these days, at least whenever I leave the room. (Or stand up!) Our house is pretty small so when we're packing for a big trip we have very little space for opened suitcases lying around. This is a lovely little window inside of my life right now. The last picture is how I feel; like sleeping, but of course- this will not be happening.

  I just wanted to say a little 'peace out' to my blogging homies. I would also like to put my hand out and ask for good vibes to be wished our way for our plane rides. I think Alina will do fine, but it doesn't hurt to have some positive vibes coming our way! I promise to do my best to keep up with e-mails and checking other blogs but if I slip up, sorry! I'll be back to my (somewhat) normal self come January!

7 comments:

Happy Fit said...

Safe Travels, Junkala family! Alina will be great on the plane, she's been saving her grumps for your one on one time but was a little angel at class today lol :) Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy yourselves.

Lisa-Jade said...

Have a fabulous vacation Haley!!! ~~(^_^)~~~ <postive vibes

Amanda said...

I'm sending lots of good vibes your way. And who knows, maybe Alina will take to planes and it will be clear that she loves them so much that she has a future as a pilot. xx

Alex[andra] said...

Sometimes I forget how large Ontario is. I know Thunder Bay is in Ontario so I curiously Google Mapped how far it is from Toronto. For the record, it's a 15 hour drive away. Ouch. I guess you won't get a chance to stop here and say hi!

I wish you a peaceful trip and I hope that Alina enjoys the plane ride.

The photo of you sleeping looks so peaceful. Hopefully that's what you'll be doing!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great trip. Enjoy your true Canadian winter. :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh she is so cute even when she's upset. Have fun with family and don't worry about us- it's family time :)

Merry Christmas!

Haley said...

Megan-
When Alina cries really hard I say; "Ohhh, you're so cute when you're mad." Then I take a picture of her. Hehe!