Monday, January 30, 2006

Working/Strumming Out

So here's my new hobby... I am learning how to play Rob's acoustic. I am having such a great time with it. The reason why this is such an exciting ordeal for me is because I didn't think that I was capable of doing something so "cool"..so complicated. But hell, I am! Rob is sooooooo good for me.. He has shown me so much about myself that no one has ever been able to. He shows me that I am a person that is capable of doing anything. My confidence has lifted so much since I met him. I am really looking forward to what I am going to learn on this guitar. Today is my second day into the basics. I have a pretty good idea of how some songs go..but not

quite good enough to make it sound like it should. Either way, it's fun and I LOVE IT! I went onto a website and found a Jewel tab. It's been one of my favourite songs ever since I started listening to music. It's quite appropriate that I learn this particular song first. I'm even singing along to my clumsy strums. And it doesn't sound all that bad.

I thought Rob's sister Erin had said that playing guitar would be good for when we have babies. But I misheard her.. But then I thought about it.. and it's true! I would be able to sing to my babies once I have them. Or even when I'm pregnant. A singing, guitar playing mom is always appreciated. Moms that sing and play guitar rock.

Rob, Erin and I are going to go to the gym tonight as well. This will be our first time going and I am really looking forward to it. Woo Hoo! So yes, there are a few great things going on in my life right now. So my focus is turned to these things instead of the sadness of this month and next. I am happy to say that I am turning my sadness into positive energy and dedication.

AMEN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I simply love your updates. You sound so freakin happy! YEA!

hollibobolli said...

I would love to play the guitar.. that's wonderful.

Are you all talking babies already???

Turning sadness into positive energy is excellent. I'm glad things are going so well. Fewer setbacks, more progress.

Hugs.